|Location||#31314, 3rd floor of toegye hall of humanities|
|Address||25-2, Sungkyunkwan-Ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea|
Since 2017, this interdisciplinary course, ‘Classical studies’ is based on the learning of classical languages (Latin, Chinese, etc.) and literacy, through in-depth reading of classical texts from the East and the West.
This major aims to complete the self by learning the essence of Chinese literature and to develop wisdom to create a better society.
Vision and Mission
· The vision and misson of this major is to learn humanities through an in-depth understanding of Eastern and Western classical languages and classical texts. It fosters creative talents who seek inter-department linkage and design a future society.
· It establishes self through the establishment of humanities classics in the East and West, expands the view of the world, and contributes to the wise symbiosis of human society.
It also lays the foundation for research in the field of humanities (graduate school).
· This major aims to Cultivate the basics of classical language and understand literature.
Based on an understanding of classical language and classical text, it has a wide range of humanities knowledge by comprehensively studying literature, thought, and art contained in classical masterpieces.
· It aims to dominate the East and the West, and reinterprets the meaning of classics based on the modern point of view.
· In addition to the leading participatory departments (Korean, Chinese, English, historical, and philosophy), all departments of liberal arts colleges, the Department of Study and Oriental Studies, and East Asian Studies maximize interdisciplinary cooperation in course development and operation.