|Location||#31610, 6th floor of toegye hall of humanities|
|Address||25-2, Sungkyunkwan-Ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea|
Since its establishment in 2018, Social Entrepreneurship and Humanistic Future Studies has been thinking about our future through humanities insights. Since the 21st century, technological advances have accelerated further, and accordingly, our lives have faced rapid changes from minor details to important issues.
This trend is expected to bring about faster and more changes in the future. In this situation, it was judged that a deep consideration was needed beyond just making predictions and predictions about the future, and the need for future humanities became urgent. This major aims to see the future between futurism, humanities, technology, and life. Accordingly, this major has established a curriculum that attempts various considerations of the future, focusing on human life, crossing philosophy and technology, art and science, and machine and human beings.
Vision and Mission
· Futurism predicts various aspects related to the future life of mankind. Humanities contemplates the meaning and value of human life. The vision of future humanities-linked majors is located at the intersection between the futuristic method of prediction and prediction, and the humanistic direction of reflection and reflection. At first glance, this vision may seem paradoxical. This is because it is easy to think that prospect is about the future and reflection is about the past. However, all predictions require reflective reasons. In this situation, future humanities make the task of cultivating the ability to think more actively about the rapidly changing and busy future in a "human position" and actively create the future.
· Social Entrepreneurship and Humanistic Future Studies aims to cultivate talented people who will actively design the future with a three-dimensional and multidimensional perspective on the future.
Social Entrepreneurship and Humanistic Future Studies are expected to be able to cultivate the following abilities:
1) in-depth exploration to discover the future in three dimensions
2) active planning to voluntarily weave the future
3) creative insights to think about human life and values. This ability belongs to creative producers on the one hand, and to mature thinkers on the other.
Our goal is to educate future humanities majors to act as active pioneers to create future values and present directions beyond adapting to the upcoming future beyond individual branches of science.